AUGUST 2016 – Ivy College has achieved 2nd place overall in the ‘2016 AFR Most Innovative Companies’ list and is the top ranked education provider for the second consecutive year.
The coveted list recognises 50 of Australia’s most innovative companies across diverse industry sectors. This year, AFR received a record number of entries with over 1,000 submissions.
For Ivy College’s founder and CEO Peter Mobbs, innovation has played a fundamental part in Ivy’s unprecedented growth.
“At Ivy, innovation is a focus of each and every employee. The outcomes of innovation may include better products and services and it often starts with small but critical improvements. To drive innovation, we put an emphasis on transparency and speed’’ says Mobbs.
Further initiatives to support innovation include:
- Dedicated innovation hub, IvyX – consisting of a team of full-time project managers to launch both incremental and long-term disruptive innovations across the organisation
- Agile project methodology – innovation projects are delivered in 2-week sprints to increase the speed and volume of iterations that can be tested and implemented
- Open all-staff innovation forum – details of innovation ‘wins’ and ‘iterations’ are shared on a weekly basis and all staff have the opportunity to collaborate and share ideas
- Championing innovative behaviour – Ivy holds annual Innovation Awards to celebrate and recognise innovative initiatives
- An environment that supports innovation – 65% of Ivy’s custom-designed office is dedicated to collaborative work spaces to promote cross-departmental collaboration.
About Ivy College:
Established in 2009, Ivy Institute Pty Ltd trading as Ivy College (RTO Code 40718), is a private education institution that delivers accredited vocational education and training to students across business & management, event management, beauty therapy, health & wellbeing and design & technology niches.
- Ivy College is the first Australian business and education provider to win the 2015 International Service Excellence Award.
- Ivy College is the New South Wales and Australian winner of the Australian Service Excellence Awards 2015.
- Ivy College has been ranked Australia’s 4th Most Innovative Company by BRW in 2015.
In February 2015 Ivy College became a 1:1:1 Company, committed to donating:
- 1% of profit (via charitable donations)
- 1% of product (via student scholarships), and
- 1% of time (via each staff member volunteering 4 days per year).
Katie Murphy (Head of Marketing)
0401 686 187