Need some tips to help you study? Check out our study tips below to help you get prepared for your exams and assignments. Our study tips cover how to get organised and motivated so that you’re well on your way to success.
- Organise your study notes. Try using colour coded mind maps – they’re fantastic for revision.
- Make a glossary of terms that you don’t understand and write down a definition in your own words.
- When studying, turn off your phone, TV and radio because it takes just one “quick check” of Facebook or Twitter to waste an hour.
- Keep a notebook with you so that when you have an idea, you can jot it down.
- Be prepared to study anywhere and anytime… whilst the kettle is boiling for a tea, when the kids are at sport, on a bus, waiting for a meeting to begin, etc.
- Brainstorm with your classmates or reach out to a study coach if you don’t understand something. Remember that “no man is an island, entire of himself.” – John Donne
- Get plenty of sleep – you’re unproductive if you don’t give your body and mind enough down time.
- Create a study plan so that it’s clear what you should be learning and when.
- Reward yourself once you’ve submitted an assignment, rather than diving straight into the next one!
About the Author: Nicole Schaerer
Nicole Schaerer is Ivy College’s vibrant Content Marketing Executive. A young gun with a curious mind, she has over 4 years’ experience in Marketing. Holding a degree in Social Science and a Diploma of Marketing, she is always looking to learn something new. Nicole has a passion for writing and producing great content while also obsessing over TV shows, celebrities and really cute photos of puppies on Instagram.